Monday, March 07, 2011

Food Glorious Food

Yesterday afternoon, I cycled to Bethnal Green and decided to drop by the Museum of Childhood. I'd never been before, but I'd heard good things about it. I'd also heard about their "Food Glorious Food" exhibition, and these days whenever I hear the word "food", I think of the FORTUNE group!

The museum is absolutely amazing, and it's free to enter so if you're in the area go and have a look. The Food exhibition on the other hand wasn't what I had expected. I was hoping to see a range of dishes that people in Britain like to eat, or used to eat in the past, but very little food (or even images of food) was on display.

On the other hand, the last part of the exhibition was very interesting. It was a "Food Forum" with a "food memory wall". All the memories were written by children and since it's so rare that we get to hear opinions from 2, 3, 4, 5 year olds, I decided to photograph their writings and include them on the Bustdataste blog. So here goes...

This is what the "Food Forum" space looks like,

and this is the memory wall


with lots of memories on display.


The first memory I photographed speaks of Algerian Food: "Shakhshookha"!


The second memory speaks of "PIE"!


The third is a little more reflective,

The fourth is of "rise and sosij"

And the fifth is of "grandmother's apple pie".

No comments:

Post a Comment